I found a solution to bypass the Youtube blockage. I guess it is because there are too many people who are trying to convert up to 10 files at the same time. If they fail they try it again and again. The implication of this behavior was that every night the servers crashed due to the heavy load. So I temporarily decreased the conversion limit to 5 till the users stop overloading the servers. Sometimes is waiting for a few minutes better than trying it every 5 seconds!
Oh and by the way there is also another problem which makes the conversions fail. For instance all Universal videos are not available in Germany where the servers of mediaconverter.org are located. So there is no chance to get these videos. Try to find other videos on Youtube which are not from the official publishers.
Thank you for your understanding
The last few hours/days some conversions failed immediately after they have been started. The reason is that Youtube blocks access to its pages from some of the conversion servers. I hope I will find a solution as soon as possible.
I guess they don’t like it that so many people steal songs from Youtube Zs zs zs …
Media Converter was not working during the last 90 minutes as my provider was down. I am very sorry for the inconveniences.
Alessandro Rinaldi translated the website to Italian.
Thank you very much.
The main goal of the new version of Media Converter is to make it accessible and understandable for all people around the world. To make this possible I am looking for some experienced translators.
Please contact me if you can help me to translate the website to one of the following languages:
Of course you do not have to do this for free. Every translator will get a free premium membership for 6 months (85$).
Please send your application via the contact form here. Do not forget to include some details about your person like your degree and age. This is important as I have to rely on your translations
Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Currently are about 300+ conversions running at the same time… simply too many for the servers. I guess this has something to do with the 10 conversions per day limit. Might be too many… I may consider to decrease it back to 5 if these problems don’t stop.
For today I can’t change anything anymore. And please don’t write 10000 emails/comments crying that the website doesn’t work properly. I know it .. but it’s just because there are too many users who are using the free service. Sign up and it will work properly.
Just to mention it again. The Firefox extension needs to be updated otherwise it won’t work. Please read this article here.
Now I need some sleep. Had two hard days to release the new version. Stay tuned for further information in the next few days.
I see you like the new feature to convert many files at the same time and the increased conversion limit. All conversion servers crashed due to the heavy load
The premium servers are still up and running …
All users who are using the Firefox extension have to update it. Currently the new version is pending for approval on mozilla.org.
In the meantime you can download it here
For some reason the new version doesn’t work for everyone. Please leave a comment here with your browser version, settings, installed extensions and addons (very important is the installed version of Flash). Thank you and sorry for the inconveniences.
Oh, and please post the link which you have tried to convert!
Update (1:50pm GMT +2):
Aargh!! I guess I found the reason for the problem. It should work now. Sometimes even a lot of testing is useless if the error only occurs with a lot of users but anyway .. it should work now. SORRY!!!
The new version is online! The premium files are still not all copied to the new location but I think this is not so important for the moment.
If you experience any problems please write an email to pascal.beyeler [at] gmail.com or leave a comment here on the blog.
Thank you and have fun!